Travel and hospitality communities are always moving and changing. Someone may visit a hotel or restaurant, join the community, then go back to their hometown. How do you keep these guests engaged and participating in conversation, and how does this convert to repeat stays or visits? How do you build a new community when a travel or hospitality chain expands to another city?
Our guests will discuss all of this, and even the dreaded negative review, on the next #CMGRHangout this Friday, February 21st at 2pm EST!
+Jonathan Brewer and +Sherrie Rohde will be hosting the Hangout with +Katherine Gear, +Nicole Rohr and +James Stephani as panelists. +Carrie Keenan and +Sarah Mordis will be moderating the Twitter chat using #CMGRHangout.
1. What do you like most about managing a travel and hospitality brand? What are the challenges?
2. How do you make a guest’s stay or dining experience unique via effective community management?
3. Does content play a big role in the success of your brand?
4. How do you successfully promote events at your space? How do you encourage social participation while guests are visiting your space or venue?
5. How do you handle negative reviews?
6. What does a community management plan look like when a restaurant or hotel looks to open a new location in the same city or in a new city?
RSVP & Watch the Hangout
RSVP here to let us know you’re going to watch. This will add the event to your calendar and remind you to attend! If you want to be on air, please let us know in advance by commenting here.
Let’s discuss ways you can attend:
Watch: You do NOT need to join the hangout. Just stay on the Google+ Event and you’ll see the video on YouTube. (Don’t worry, it will be there and start playing as soon as the broadcast begins.)
Talk and Be Seen: If you decide you want to talk, not just watch, click to join the hangout when we post the link here or when you see the notification. (We will only invite a few people for this event, so let us know why you would like to attend.) Do NOT click the link to join the hangout if you are just here to watch.
Chat: You can watch here and/or follow the conversation on Twitter using #cmgrhangout.
Any questions? Just let us know in advance. Please don’t wait until 2pm EST to ask questions.
If you join us on the hangout, a wired internet connection is preferred and if you have a headset with mic or earbuds, that works best for the audio. You will also need a working webcam.